Every students ambition is to study in Canada. As many universities in Canada offer international students with different scholarship programs and opportunities to study short courses, bachelor/ undergraduate, master’s and PhD degree program in Canada. Many scholarships in Canada are offered to worldwide students in order to brighten their careers.
Why study in Canada? How to get a Student Visa for Canada? Studying in Canada has its own benefits. Students get to study in top ranked, reputed and prestigious universities of Canada. Canada provide students with best facilities and highly innovative research methodologies. Students not only get to study but also get to experience the vast culture of Canada. In this article we have explained in detail about how student can get Student Visa for Canada.
#1 Acceptance Letter:
In order to Apply for Student Visa in Canada, student firstly need to get an acceptance letter from Canadian University. Student need to first decide in which city of Canada they are interested in studying. After that student can check for different universities in that city in which they want to apply in. Student need to get acceptance letter from Canadian University. Some Canada Universities which we recommend are as follows
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Mount Allison University
- Brock University
- Seneca College
- University of Regina
#2 Check Do you Really need to Apply for Student Visa in Canada:
With Study Permit Tool, you can find do you really need visa to study in Canada. It is a tool provided by the Government of Canada to help students in order to find that they need study visa permit or not. If following conditions apply to you, than you don’t need Canada Visa:
- If student has a family member who is a foreign representative in Canada (recognized by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade, and Development Canada.)
- The Program in which student want to study ends in less than 6 months.
- For travel purpose in Canada, student need to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
#3 For Canada Visa, Start your Application Process:
After getting acceptance letter for your interested university, now student need to prepare and apply for Canada Visa. Following process should be followed:
- Student need to apply online for Canadian student visa on the Citizenship or Immigration Canada (CIC).
- If student is unable to apply online due to any issues, student can also send all the visa application documents by post.
- Student also need to provide with an acceptance letter obtained from Canadian University.
- Student also need to prove that they have enough finances to support their education.
- Do not have any criminal record.
- Must be in good health.
Student can also get their visa done in just two weeks if one of their family members working or applying for a work license in Canada. Students can extend or renew study permit if:
- Student study program has extended.
- Student shift to another university.
- Student further wish to study at a Canadian university.
#4 Documents Required for Student Visa in Canada:
- Complete the Visa application Form.
- Acceptance Letter obtained from Government recognized Canadian university.
- A valid passport.
- Two passport size photographs, student must mention name and date of birth on the back.
- Enough Financial Means Proof to support your education which becomes 10,000 and 11,000 CAD per year.
- Resolution letter.
- Student also need to provide with Certificate acceptance du Québec, English and French translations of document, a statement of the translator, and a certified copy of the original document if student is planning to study in Quebec.
- Student must Pay the study permit fee of 150 CAD.
#5 Language Requirements:
If student belong to English speaking country, than no requirements are required for English Proficiency. If student do not belong to English speaking country student need to provide with one of the following tests:
#6 Biometric Appointment:
Student need to visit Canada Embassy and get a biometric appointment. The biometric fee is 85 CAD. Along with the regular visa application fee, student also need to pay additional fee. Some countries, do not require biometric requirement, so for such countries, students do not need biometric appointment.
#7 Time Is Taken By A Canadian Study Permit:
After applying for Study permit, it might take 90 days. So student can use Student Direct Stream to get your study permit faster. Students from following countries can avail this Student Direct Stream:
Now pack your bags and prepare for your flight to Canada. A new adventure is waiting for you! Hope you get their safely.
#8 Scholarships in Canada:
Different scholarships are offered in Canada. Government of Canada also offers scholarships for international students to study in top-reputed universities of Canada. Students can also apply to these scholarships. We have arranged a list of scholarships offered in Canada for academic year 2022.
- University of Victoria Entrance Scholarships
- Youth Summit in Canada
- Ottawa University Scholarships
- Graduate Assistantships In Canada
- University of Toronto Scholarships
- Concordia Presidential Scholarship
- York University Canada Scholarship
- Alberta University Scholarship
- University of Regina Scholarship
- University of Saskatchewan
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship